A comprehensive plan starting with sophomore year is available. But beginning with junior or senior year is also common practice. We will meet just about every way possible, most likely employing your preference: in-person, via Skype, or by phone, text, or email. The first meeting is complimentary. It will allow us to get acquainted, assess what you and your student envision accomplishing, and outline the parameters of our work together.
After our first consultation I will meet with your student as often as necessary. I will always follow-up visits with a synopsis of what we’ve covered and outline next steps, including my obligations and the student’s.
I live on the phone and if we don’t have an appointment and I am not immediately reachable, in case of an urgent need I will be back to you in a matter of minutes.
** Specific writing help is also available (on an hourly basis) **
The following lists, while not exhaustive, describe many of the topics we will cover.
* Analysis of academic interests
* College readiness - analysis of classes and high school schedule
* Resume preparation and updates
* Exploring the College landscape - how to begin
Financial Aid and Scholarship introduction
* Summer options
Extra curricular activities
* PSAT - how to prepare and when to take it
Visiting College campuses - suggestions and preparation
11th and 12th Grade
* Resume development
* High School transcript and review of classes
* Customized lists of colleges
* Early Action/Early Decision options and strategies
Organization - a road map to keep the process enjoyable
* Testing - SAT, ACT, Subject tests - when and which ones to take
* Application oversight - including the Common App and supplementary pieces
* Essays - how to get started, writing and editing support
* Recommendations - who to ask, when and tracking them
* Visiting - when, what questions to ask, what to see on campus
* Choices and follow up